Monday, 22 February 2016

London Fashion Week AW16 | Day One



I'm currently writing this post from the comfort of my bed, thinking that I can barely believe I've just arrived home from my sixth season of London Fashion Week. How did that happen? I remember my first ever season (embarrassing post alert), I knew nothing about it and only attended one show. It poured with rain all day and I spent most of it at an event hosted by New Look where I met the two girls who I now consider some of my best friends in the world.

Six seasons later, it feels like such a big part of my calendar now. If you'd have told me a few years ago that applying for tickets, sorting out accommodation, planning my outfits and making my way around every single restaurant and bar that Soho has to offer would become a normal, twice-yearly occurrence for me, I'd have thought you mad. Yet here we are. 

This season I kept it really simple with my outfits as I'd promised myself I wouldn't panic-buy anything new. For the first day I wore my staple jeans, t-shirt and boots combo, but added a little punch of colour with my favourite mustard yellow jacket and matching scarf. The boots were a godsend for walking around the city all day, especially as the designers all like to present their collections at different venues these days, so it is a LOT of walking around! 

My highlight from day one was the glam / punk rock vibes at Felder Felder. I fell in love with a beautiful metallic trouser suit that would look right at home in Kate Moss' wardrobe (or, yanno, mine...). The Felder girls also paid tribute to David Bowie, featuring the iconic red lightning bolt logo on one of their designs. Set to some great tunes, with great energy from the models, it was a great show. GREAT. 




Aside from the fashion, another highlight for me was finally popping into Crumbs and Doilies for a cupcake! I've been subscribed to Cupcake Jemma on YouTube for a long time and she always gives me so much inspiration for baking, I was really excited to visit her little shop. I had a custard cream mini cupcake, topped with half a custard cream biscuit. It was a mouthful of heaven.

However, the award for 'most surreal moment this season' was when I got home at the end of a very long day, I was casually scrolling through Instagram when I spotted a picture of myself... on The New York Times! It was a very funny and exciting moment and it definitely put a smile on my face as the reason I happened to be stood there was because I'd arrived too late for the show after practically running across town...



So that's my first update from London Fashion Week Autumn / Winter 2016. Stay tuned for my day two outfit plus a couple of show reviews here and there!




SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Loved this look Sarah! So nice to see you (albeit briefly) on Friday x

    www.maidenofwood.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! Was lovely to see you too. X

      Delete
  2. Go you on the New York Times feature! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same jacket and I adore how you've styled it, I love that huge scarf and the colours are perfect! x

    India Charlotte♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing Sarah - I love the mustard hues <3 xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - I appreciate and read all of the comments left on my blog. If you have a question tweet me @sarah_nunn17 for a quick response!

© Sarah Nunn

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig